Introducing Valentina Boneva
The Creator of ValArt Jewellery
Valentina is a jewellery designer and maker based in Scotland. All her pieces are handcrafted using traditional techniques combined with modern technology. Valentina produces usually one-off statement pieces – unique and unusual. In her jewellery there is an element of playfulness – kinetic elements, moving balls, transformable sections. Her distinctive feature are her dismountable stands – sculptures that consist of different pieces of jewellery.
Because of her cleaver and original pieces Valentina has been awarded the following awards for the past two years:
- First place and Deacon Convener's Design Prize in Craftex 2018, Trades House of Glasgow
- Third place at the Gem –set Completion 2018, Scottish Gemmological Association
- Guild of Enamellers' Bursary Award for 2019
- First place in Craftex 2019, Trades House of Glasgow
- Highly commended at the Gem –set Completion 2019, Scottish Gemmological Association
- Second place and Audience Award at Young Designers Corner Competion 2019, Gemworld Munich
Her ring was chosen for the ad poster of Gemworld Munich.